Monday, June 15, 2009

Foodie Road Trip #1=Jamaican Me Drool



Where: Waitsburg, WA population 1,212
Distance: 95 worthwhile miles from Pullman/Moscow area
Kid Friendly: Only if your children can drive your glutteness, well spirited self back home.

This is a great one day road trip and the more the merrier on this one. Check out what Budget travel had to say about Waitsburg here . While in Waitsburg make a stop at Laht Neppur Brewing Co. for a good beer but an even better root beer. If you're wearing flip-flops watch your self, there are broken peanut shells all over the floor. Heading into town you'll come across the Whetstone Public House . It's Cougar owned, need I say more.
The best part of Waitsburg without a doubt is the Whoopemup Hollow Cafe. I can't say enough about this place. Perfectly prepared food and Kick Ass Service. Reservations are strongly encouraged, especially since you'll be making a long trek. I would walk there for the sweet tea and coca- cola cake..Yeah, and I'm lazy.
When you're done at the Whoop be sure to waddle across the street to the very cool Jimgermanbar for a final good-bye drink.
If you decide to take the kids along there is a shady park right around the corner. Let them burn off some steam and if you're lucky, they might sleep all the way back to the wheatfields......

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, some of the best food I have had in a long time. I will get the photos up when I get them off my cell phone

    ReplyDelete